I have not been posting much lately, and here’s my excuse:
That’s right! I’m playing the “10-weeks-pregnant-I-have-no-energy” card.
Seriously, it wasn’t that long ago that I was pregnant with Aiden. But I don’t remember being this exhausted.
Or this hungry.
These days, I’m spending my free time opening and re-opening my fridge and waiting for a chocolate cake to magically appear.
So if my posts are a little bit scattered, you’ll know where I am. I’ll be posting more about this bit of news soon.
I wanted to take a moment and thank Anita from Discovering Your Happiness for nominating me for The Blogger Recognition Award. I had no idea this existed because I’m still a newbie. But I am so honored to be nominated and recognized. As someone just starting out, it’s nice to know there are people out there reading and enjoying my content. An award like this feels like a big warm hug when honestly, sometimes I’m sitting behind my computer feeling totally unsure of what I’m doing. So thanks, Anita, I am definitely feeling the love!
Anita’s blog focuses on health, both physical and mental. Check her out! So much good stuff! I am currently following her Self Care Challenge, and though I’m a little behind, I’m thoroughly enjoying it.
This award is a pay it forward kind of deal, so I have nominated some of my favorite bloggers in this post. You should check them out! If you have been nominated, please share the love with your favorite bloggers. It always nice to be recognized for your work.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award!
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Share two pieces of advice for new bloggers!
- Choose 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them. Provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog started:
I wanted to start a blog like this years ago, but never had the motivation or courage to actually do it. After having my son, I started to really struggle and started feeling extremely depressed and anxious. I felt like a terrible mom. I felt numb to everything and angry and scared out of my mind. I put off getting professional help because I thought I should be strong enough to figure it out on my own. But it wasn’t too long before I realized that I was spiraling out of control.
After finally seeking help and starting therapy, I learned that I had been struggling with chronic depression pretty much my whole life and had reached, let’s call it, a breaking point. The stress and trauma of becoming a new mama had just taken its toll on my already fragile mind.
I’m still in therapy and trying to find ways to cope with my insecurities and fears. Finding outlets and doing things to help me feel more “me” is helping a lot. I still have bad days, but I’m working through it and learning a lot about myself. Since I have always wanted to start a blog, I finally took a big scary step forward. Sometimes, the things that break you are the things that can end up motivating you.
Advice for new bloggers:
Since I am still fairly new to the blogging world, know that I’m not an expert as far as how to get more followers or how to make money from your blog. I haven’t figured all of that stuff out. But I will give advice based on what I’ve enjoyed from blogs that I follow and consider to be pretty successful.
- Be genuine! I think readers are able to see through the bullcrap. It’s just better to be real and honest. Don’t write glowing reviews for products that suck. And don’t try to make your life look totally perfect. You know, show that you’re human. Your followers will appreciate this.
- Make your blog look purdy. Most successful blogs look clean and attractive. This means choosing a theme that isn’t over-cluttered and using high-quality images. Also, make sure that your site is easy to navigate.
Check out all these cool bloggers for yourself!
Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for upcoming posts. I promise I’ll be better about posting more often. As soon as I have that chocolate cake!